Accéder au contenu principal

Link party: Patchwork & Quilts #166 📌

Bonjour, et bienvenue ici !
Hi, welcome here!

⭐⭐🧵⭐⭐

Avant que j'oublie et que le quilt parte au Carrefour Européen du Patchwork, j'ai préparé les manchons de suspension pour Village de Provence.

Before I forgot and the quilt went to the Carrefour Européen du Patchwork, I prepared the hanging sleeves for Village de Provence.
Un manchon en 2 parties, que j'ai fait comme d'habitude (voir le tuto du manchon, ajouté après les finitions) : la couture sur l'endroit puis cousue côté dos du quilt. Avec l'ourlet retourné vers l'extérieur, il n'y a rien qui gène l'introduction d'une barre de suspension dans le manchon.

2-piece sleeve, which I made as usual (see the hanging sleeve tutorial, added after binding): the seam right sides together, then sewn to the back of the quilt. With the hem turned outwards, there's nothing to interfere with the insertion of a hanging bar into the sleeve.

⭐⭐💙⭐⭐

La semaine dernière, je vous avais parlé de mon souci de probablement tomber en panne de tissu bleu.
Merci beaucoup pour vos commentaires, avisés et inspirants, ou tout simplement de soutien et d'encouragement, ils me font chaud au coeur et m'ont été bien utiles !
La blogosphère est un endroit formidable, et j'en profite pour vous remercier de me lire, et pour tous vos commentaires bienveillants et positifs 💖

Last week, I told you about my worry about probably running out of blue fabric.
Thank you so much for your comments, whether wise and inspiring, or simply supportive and encouraging, they warm my heart and have been very helpful!
The blogosphere is a wonderful place, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for reading me, and for all your kind and positive comments 💖
Après moults calculs et vérification (les maths ne m'aiment pas...), j'ai déterminé que :
1 - je n'aurais effectivement pas assez de tissu bleu
2 - il va même carrément en manquer beaucoup si je suis mon plan d'origine
3 - mais que si je suis plutôt les conseils de Preeti (de Sew Preeti Quilts) et de Gwyned (de Gwyned Trefethen), le jaune me sauvera ! Merci à toutes les deux 😊

After countless calculations and verification (math doesn't like me...), I determined that:
1 - I won't have enough blue fabric
2 - if I follow my original plan, I'm actually going to run out of a lot of fabric
3 - but if I follow Preeti (at Sew Preeti Quilts) and Gwyned's (at Gwyned Trefethen) advice instead, yellow will save me! Thank you, ladies 😊
Du coup j'ai pu assembler tous les rangs, j'aurais de quoi vous montrer la semaine prochaine !

So I was able to assemble all the rows, and I'll have something to show you next week!

⭐⭐🎯⭐⭐

Stats de la semaine :
🎯 Mon objectif est de coudre au moins 15 minutes, trois fois par semaine.
Je suis la ligne directrice de Kate qui organise "Stitching Stuff", mais je l'adapte à mon rythme de travail et mon temps de loisirs. 
Merci Kate pour la motivation, une fois assise devant ma machine ces 15 minutes se prolongent souvent, et parfois en heures !

Numbers for the week:
🎯 My goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes, three times a week
I follow Kate's guideline, who's hosting "Stitching Stuff", but I adapt it to my work pace and leisure time. 
Thank you Kate for the motivation, once I sit in front of my machine those 15 minutes often extend, and sometimes into hours!
🠞 Cette semaine 31, période du samedi 29 juillet au vendredi 4 août, j'ai eu plus que 3 séances de couture 😊

🠞 This week #31, from Saturday, July 29th to Friday, Auguste 4th, I had more than 3 sewing sessions 😊

🎯 3/7 jours / days :

📆 Semaine / Week #31 ✅ (5/7)
📅 Semaines en août / Weeks in August: 1/1
📊 Semaines en 2023 / Weeks in 2023 : 24/31


⭐⭐💕⭐⭐

À votre tour !
Your turn!

Bienvenue à Patchwork & Quilts
une link party hebdomadaire pour partager, s'encourager et s'inspirer !
👇👇😍👇👇
Montrez-nous ce que vous avez fait dernièrement !
Cette link party est ouverte jusqu'à mercredi midi.


Welcome to Patchwork & Quilts, 
a weekly link party to share, to encourage and inspire each other!
👇👇😍👇👇
Show us what you've been up to lately!
This link party is open until Wednesday, noon.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter







Commentaires

Anonyme a dit…
Le tissu jaune est parfait! I can’t wait to see your completed quilt top. Gail at the cozy quilter
Gwyned Trefethen a dit…
Wow! A shout out. I'm honored. So, glad Preeti's and my advice worked for you. I learned something from you, too. Not sure why I haven't hemmed my sleeves towards the outside. Simply genius.
Preeti a dit…
Ooh so excited to see your progress. Looking forward to next week :-) Big squishy hugs to you and happy sewing.
Rebecca Grace a dit…
Preeti and Gwyned to the rescue! The yellow is a great idea, a "happy accident." I had a similar experience with a quilt a few years back where I had not quite enough of my border fabric and I ended up liking it even better after I inserted little pieces of another fabric to stretch it out. I hope you will feel the same when your quilt is finished. And what a great idea, putting those little hems on the OUTSIDE of the hanging sleeve so the rod doesn't get caught up on them!
Chantal a dit…
Je suis contente de voir que tu as trouvé une solution et que tu puisses finir son quilt. Enjoy! ;^)
How wonderful that you were given such wonderful support and great advice on how to stretch your fabric and make it work. Adding the yellow fabric is a great idea. Thank you for hosting the link party and have a wonderful week.
la tulipe a dit…
En patch, il y a toujours une solution et peut-être qu'à la fin, tu seras contente de ce "manque" et que la solution trouvée aura apporté un plus à ton patch. J'aime bien quand on dévie de la ligne qu'on avait décidé au début. C'est tellement enrichissant!! Bonne fin d'assemblage :-) Bises
la tulipe a dit…
Et merci pour les link party :-)
Anonyme a dit…
Preeti and Gwynned are experts! Great advice! LeeAnna
Liz A. a dit…
Oh good, you found a solution. Much better than fabric chicken :)
Celine a dit…
Parfait, tu as trouvé he bonne solution! J'ai eu le même problème récemment avec mon quilt Harry Potter, toujours pas termine mais commencé il y a quelques années maintenant! Tu vas au carrefour Europeen du Patchwork ou seulement ton quilt?
Kate a dit…
Running out of fabric is never fun. Glad you found a solution. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all worked out. Congrats on the sewing time this week. Happy stitching this week.