Accéder au contenu principal

Modern Drunkard's Path 🌸

Le point sur mon avancée du QAL Courbes.
Update on my QAL Curves progress.

Après les fleurs colorés, c'est au tour des feuilles, beaucoup plus pâles. J'ai trouvé un bleu pastel et un vert d'eau, presque bleu, dans mon stock de tissus. Associés à un blanc cassé, le résultat me plaît bien :

After the bright flowers, it's the turn of the leaves, much paler. I found a pastel blue and a water green, almost blue, in my stash. Associated with an off-white, I like the result:

Mais je n'ai pas assez de diversité dans ces teintes, ni même assez de tissu puisque ce sont des chutes. Il y a bien ce vert mais trop vif pour ce que je veux en faire. Trop vif... à l'endroit, mais l'envers du tissu est bien mieux ! J'ai fait un bloc avec ce vert et du gris, et un autre bloc avec les mêmes tissus, en utilisant l'envers (le bloc en-dessous) :

But I don't have enough diversity in these shades, or even enough fabric since they are scraps. There is this green but too bright for what I want to do with it. Too bright... on the right side, but the wrong side of the fabric is much better! I made a block with this green and a gray, and another block with the same fabrics, using the wrong sides (the block underneath):

Je ne vais pas en faire beaucoup avec ces tissus, parce que même sur l'envers ils sont un peu trop foncés. A suivre !

I'm not going to do much with these fabrics, because even on the wrong side they are a little too dark. To be continued!


-------------------------------------------------
👀 Rejoignez-moi chaque dimanche pour ma link party Patchwork & Quilts, où vous pourrez partager vos photos de ce sur quoi vous travaillez. J'aimerais beaucoup les voir !
Join me each Sunday for my hosted linky party Patchwork & Quilts, where you can share photos of what you’re working on. I would love to see them! 👀
-------------------------------------------------

Commentaires

Liz A. a dit…
A good solution. It's amazing what you can make out of scraps.
Chantal a dit…
Je ne pense pas à utiliser l'envers de mes tissus. Bon truc. ;^)
Bleu Mirabelle a dit…
Très joli et bien joli vert à l'envers:-)
Hâte de voir la suite.
A bientôt!
Kathy S. a dit…
Gorgeous way to arrange Drunkards Path blocks with HST. Can't wait to see more.
Susie H a dit…
Beautiful pastel flower blocks. I know exactly what you mean ... if you're not happy, you'll not be satisfied with the finish. Good luck finding something that'll work for you.
Kim a dit…
Frédérique, sometimes the reverse side of fabric is a good idea. You will work it all out....I just know you will. Good luck. =)
Bonnie a dit…
But the colors look beautiful! I like what you are doing with this.
Marti a dit…
Sometimes the reverse side of fabric complements beautifully, like in your flowers. I hope you find a green that suits you.
Gwyned Trefethen a dit…
Thanks for the reminder to use the reverse side of a fabric for a softer less tinted look.
Can't wait to see where this is going!!!
Norma Schlager a dit…
That's a combination I have not seen before, drunkard's path with half square triangles to give you an oval effect. I like the colors, too. I look forward to seeing what you do with this.
Bonne chance Frédérique. C'est bien pensé d'utiliser l'envers du tissue. Lorsque je l'ai fait, c'est générallement un erreur que je ne veux pas corriger :-) Ca va être vraiment beau avec les fleurs. Merci d'avoir lié ton poste à Free Motion Mavericks. Bonne semaine