Accéder au contenu principal

Santa in the Woods

Parce que ça faisait longtemps que je voulais le faire...
Because I’ve wanted to do it for a long time... 

Difficile de photographier du banc ! Désolée, trop de luminosité...
Hard to take a picture of white! Sorry, to much light inside...

Le voici ! Le Père Noël dans les bois. C'est un modèle de Cynthia Muir.
Here it is! Santa in the WoodsA pattern designed by Cynthia Muir.


D'abord du vert, beaucoup de verts, 19 très exactement ! Un arbre dans chaque tissu, sauf le 5ème en partant de la gauche que je n'ai pas utilisé finalement. Les motifs sont trop gros, je l'ai remplacé par un autre tissu plus clair qui n'est pas sur la photo.
19 tissus verts pour 23 arbres, il y a donc 4 doublons. Saurez-vous les retrouver ?

Fisrt, green fabrics, a lot, exactly nineteen! A tree in every fabric, except the fifth from the left that I didn’t use after all. The prints are too big, I replaced it with a lighter fabric, not in the photo.
19 green fabrics for 23 trees, so there are 4 doubles. Will you find them?



Après les arbres, le Père Noël, habillé en plusieurs étapes :
After the trees, Santa, dressed in few steps:



Assemblage des rangs. Malgré les 4 doublons, chaque arbre est unique, sur fond de tissu blanc ton sur ton. En cherchant bien dans mon stock de tissus, j'ai réussi à en trouver 7 différents (humm, je sais ce que je vais cibler au prochain achat !).

Row by row. Despite the 4 doubles, each tree is unique, on a white tone-on-tone fabric background. Diging into my stach, I finally managed to find 7 different fabrics (humm, I know what I’m going to target next time I go shopping!).



Des bandes intermédiaires plus tard, voilà un top terminé !
Adding some sashings and borders, and here is a flimsy! (and a squirrel...)



Dernière touche : le pompon du Père Noël !
Last detail: Santa's pompom!


Commentaires

such a cute Xmas quilt
KaHolly a dit…
Oh, my goodness, that’s the cutest ever! Well done! I have a big bag of tone-on-tone scraps and short lengths. I use them and have to replenish them all the time.
la tulipe a dit…
Oh, j'adore!!! Et les petits points rouges sur le sapin ont tout leur sens! yapluka quilter! Pendant les vacances? ;-) Bisous
Jenny a dit…
Such a lovely design, and done in plenty of time for Christmas too. I think its gorgeous.
Joyce a dit…
Such a cute and fun quilt. I love the Santa!
marebear a dit…
Love the one lonely little santa in that giant forest of trees! Super cute!
Liz A. a dit…
I love that. And that Santa adds just the right amount of difference, just the right amount of whimsy.
Myricoud a dit…
j'aime ton quilt et surtout le père Noël sapin
pascalinette a dit…
il est magnifique,belle idée ce père Noël;bises





Your Santa in the trees is so cute! Love that design!
Jess Pugh a dit…
Adorable! I love the little Santa!
Jayne a dit…
There is no better reason to make a quilt than because you want to! I love this! All those trees and the little santa...my kind of holiday quilting!
Brandy a dit…
Adorable! And I have the same issue with background/neutral fabrics, there is never enough!
Preeti a dit…
Perfect in so many ways. A drop of red in a sea of green gives it a pop and sparkle and the adorable Santa in the forest of plain green trees brings a smile to my face!!! Love how he is floating above ground level. May be the pop-pom is full of helium :-D
Love this quilt. Great idea and so cute!!

-Soma
Lisa J. a dit…
This is such a fun quilt . I love the Santa.
Sarah a dit…
Nice flimsy, that Santa is very cute and a great variety of greens!
Melanie a dit…
Oh my god - Santa is so cute! I love that idea. Great quilt top! Enjoy xo Melanie

www.mellmeyer.de
Marly a dit…
This is so sweet, and such a straightforward block. Except for Santa, that is!
Home Sewn By Us a dit…
Hi Frederique! This is just SO darn cute. I love it!! I am going to PIN this so fast, your head is going to spin. And spin in a really good way, too. ~smile~ Roseanne
Danice G a dit…
Oh how cute. I love this pattern and your quilt top.
This is so sweet -- and there's tons of time between now and the holidays for basting and quilting. Good for you for getting going early on the Christmas sewing!
I love this, as seems does everyone! Well done! Also, curious about genially, as this is the first I've seen of it. Are you you using the free version and how are you finding it? I'm looking into fun internet tools as time allows so I'd love to hear......
Thank you Dione!
I use the free version of Genially, mainly at work (I'm a teacher). It's great for presentations, and training documents. It's very easy to use, with a lot of free templates. It's one of my favorite PowerPoint alternative 😉
QuiltE a dit…
Awwwwwdorable!!
Just when I was saying, no, to more Christmas quilts, you lure me with this one.
I just may have a squirrel dashing through ......... :)
Monique Lebrun a dit…
J'ai trouvé ! on reçoit un cadeau si on a trouvé les doublons ... Je dois attendre jusqu'au vrai Noël ? ;)
Bravo Monique ! Ha ha pour un cadeau il faudra attendre le vrai Noël... peut-être ! 😉
Cocopatch a dit…
trop mimi! je garde l'idée!!
What a lovely project. I love the adorable triangular Santa! And the variety of white on white adds so much interest to the background. Thanks for linking up to Show Me Something with Triangles.