Accéder au contenu principal

Blogger's Quilt Festival : Tifaifai Uru (Appliqué Quilt category)

8 years ago, as I lived in French Polynesia (Tahiti) and one of my sister in the French West Indies (Guadeloupe), I start to sew a traditional tahitian patchwork - a Tifaifai - for her wedding.

I choose a breadfruit pattern, because of the link between Tahiti and West Indies, as this veggie came from Polynesia to feed people in Guadeloupe and Martinique.

Tifaifai Uru, 106'' x 96''

I was living on a sailboat, and I sew this Tifaifai during a sailing trip from Hawaii to British Columbia. Satin Moon Quilt Shop in Victoria BC was kind enough to let me use their big table in the classroom to be able to flat perfectly the two layers. Well, inside my boat, it was quite small!

Inside my sailboat, not so much room!

You can read about it in a previous post here.

Commentaires